Current as of: Dec. 2011
(1) No provisions for access control are needed.
(2) The public shall be notified of the use of reclaimed water. This shall be accomplished by the posting of advisory signs designating the nature of the reuse project area where reuse is practiced, notes on scorecards, or by other methods. Examples of some of the notification methods which may be used by permittees include posting of advisory signs at entrances to residential neighborhoods where reclaimed water is used for landscape irrigation and posting of advisory signs at the entrance to a golf course and at the first and tenth tees.
(3) Use of purple as a prominent color on advisory signs and written notices related to a reuse project is recommended, but shall not be required.
(4) Advisory signs shall include the following text in English and Spanish: “Do not drink” together with the equivalent standard international symbol.
(5) Advisory signs shall be posted adjacent to lakes or ponds used to store reclaimed water that are not located at the domestic wastewater treatment facilities. Advisory signs shall be posted at decorative water features that use reclaimed water. Advisory signs at storage ponds or decorative water features shall include the following text in English and Spanish: “Do not drink” and “Do not swim” together with the equivalent standard international symbols.
(6) The permittee shall ensure that users of reclaimed water are informed about the origin, nature, and characteristics of reclaimed water; the manner in which reclaimed water can be safely used; and limitations on the use of reclaimed water. Notification is required at the time of initial connection to the reclaimed water distribution system and annually after the reuse system is placed into operation. The details of the public notification program shall be included in the engineering report and with each permit application. A description of ongoing public notification activities shall be included in the annual reuse report required by subsection 62-610.870(3), F.A.C. The public notification program shall include details on written public notification activities, activities related to the news media, use of advisory signs, and other public notification activities.
Laws implemented by this Rule: Florida Statutes § 403.021, 403.051, 403.051, 403.061,