Idaho Code > Title 54 > Chapter 17 > § 54-1723A - Registration To Engage In The Practice Of Telepharmacy Across State Lines
Current as of: 2010
(1) No pharmacist who is not licensed to practice pharmacy within the state of Idaho may engage in the practice of telepharmacy across state lines unless registered by the board pursuant to this section.
(2) To obtain registration to engage in the practice of telepharmacy across state lines, the applicant shall:
(a) Present to the board proof of licensure in another state and proof that such license is in good standing;
(b) Submit a written application in the form prescribed by the board;
(c) Pay the fee(s) specified by the board for the issuance of the registration; and
(d) Comply with all other requirements of the board.
(3) The application required under this section shall request from the applicant, at a minimum, the following information:
(a) Name, address and current pharmacist licensure information in all other states, including each state of licensure and each license number;
(b) Name, address, telephone number and state of licensure or registration and license or registration number of the facility from which the applicant will be engaged in the practice of telepharmacy across state lines; and
(c) A statement attesting that the applicant will abide by the pharmacy laws and rules of the state of Idaho.
(4) A successful applicant for registration under this section shall be subject to the disciplinary provisions of section 54-1726 , Idaho Code, the penalty provisions of section 54-1728 , Idaho Code, and the rules of the board.
(5) Renewal of a registration to engage in the practice of pharmacy across state lines shall be annual. The application for renewal shall be submitted to the board no later than the thirtieth day of June. The board shall renew the registration of a pharmacist who is qualified to engage in the practice of pharmacy across state lines as provided for in this section. The board shall specify by rule the procedures to be followed and the fees to be paid for renewal of registration.
Questions & Answers: Pharmacists