Current as of: 2009
The organic advisory council shall assist the department in implementing and administering the provisions of this chapter as requested by the department. Upon request by the department, the council shall do all of the following:
1. Develop rules, policies, and procedures required to implement and administer this chapter .
2. Collect information required by the department in implementing and administering this chapter .
3. Interpret the requirements of this chapter , including rules adopted and orders issued pursuant to this chapter , and requirements of the national organic program.
4. Establish and change fees as provided in section 190C.5 .
5. Provide advice regarding the most effective manner to use services provided by regional organic associations as provided in section 190C.6 .
6. Provide information and expert opinions relating to organic agricultural products to the department.
7. Provide information relating to organic agricultural products to interested persons.
8. Promote organic agricultural products to consumers.
U.S. Code Provisions: Organic Foods
Related Articles: Organic Foods