Current as of: 2010
(a) In this section, "bioptic telescopic lens" means a spectacle mounted telescopic/telescopics telescope placed at the top of a corrective vision lens and designed to increase visual acuity and aid in spotting distant objects at a glance.
(b) Notwithstanding any other requirements under this subtitle, an applicant using bioptic telescopic lenses shall be eligible for a noncommercial Class C driver’s license under this subtitle if the applicant:
(1) (i) Demonstrates a visual acuity of at least 20/100 in one or both eyes and a field of 150 degrees horizontal vision with or without corrective lenses; or
(ii) If the applicant has vision in one eye only, demonstrates a field of at least 100 degrees horizontal vision;
(2) Demonstrates a visual acuity of at least 20/70 in one or both eyes with the bioptic telescopic lenses and without the use of field expanders;
(3) Submits a report of examination by a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist for evaluation by the Medical Advisory Board under § 16-118 of this subtitle; and
(4) Meets all the other requirements for licensure under this title.
(c) An applicant using bioptic telescopic lenses shall be eligible for a learner’s instructional permit under § 16-103 of this subtitle if the applicant meets the requirements of subsection (b) of this section.
(d) (1) Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, a license issued in compliance with this section authorizes the licensee to operate a motor vehicle only during the period beginning one-half hour after sunrise and ending one-half hour before sunset.
(2) If the applicant is eligible for a license under paragraph (1) of this subsection, the Administration shall issue to the applicant a restricted license endorsed "Daylight Driving Only".
(e) A licensee under this section may operate a motor vehicle without any restriction regarding hours of operation if the licensee:
(1) Demonstrates a visual acuity of at least 20/40 in one or both eyes with the bioptic telescopic lenses and without the use of field expanders;
(2) Has been licensed under this section for at least one year; and
(3) Passes a skills test taken at night.
(f) This section only applies to an applicant who:
(1) Is granted a license under this section on or before September 30, 1997; and
(2) Continues to qualify for a license under this section.Prev
Questions & Answers: Transportation
| We bought a house and a lot next to it but before the house was ever built there was a right of way made up the middle of our land to get to a cell phone tower I've been here 13 ye...|
| I am looking for HELP, Florida State. Convict me for DUI
I was making BBQ in my place were I was staying at that
Time in Gainesville,Florida I was drinking but not driving
| In a collission where 545.061 applies, for the auto moving from left to right, absent an eye witness, what collision point on the driver's side of the car indicates that this car h...|
| I'm from California & got speeding ticket in Clark County, NV with the wrong color about my car. Do you think i should go to court to trial or just pay the bail? Pls. advise....|
| IC 9-18-2-26
License plates; display
Sec. 26. (a) License plates shall be displayed as follows:
(1) For a motorcycle, trailer, semitrailer, or recreational vehicle, upon the rear o...|
| the complex I live in has hired a tow company for tresspass towing...they are charging 180.00 per tow..the break down is 5$ mileage..90.00 tow..5.00 fuel...35.00 storage and 45.00...|
U.S. Code Provisions: Transportation
Federal Regulations: Transportation