Current as of: 2010
§ 696-a. Definitions. As used in this article unless the context requires otherwise:
1. "Current net price" means the price listed in the supplier's effective price list or catalogue, less any applicable trade and cash discounts.
2. "Dealer" means any person selling or agreeing to sell primarily equipment under an agreement with a supplier.
3. "Equipment" means vehicles and machinery and the accessories and parts thereto which are designed to be used for farm and agricultural purposes, lawn, garden, golf course, landscaping or grounds and maintenance/utility activities, provided however that self-propelled vehicles primarily for the transportation of persons or property on a street or highway are specifically excluded.
4. "Dealer agreement" means any agreement between a supplier and a dealer by which the dealer is authorized to engage in the business of the retail sale, lease and/or service of equipment in accordance with methods and procedures prescribed by the supplier.
5. "Net cost" means the price the dealer paid to the supplier for the equipment, less all applicable discounts allowed, plus the freight costs from the supplier's location to the dealer's location.
6. "Supplier" means the manufacturer, wholesaler or distributor of the equipment to be sold by the dealer.
New York Laws: Farm Equipment Warranties