Current as of: 2009
A permit must be issued by the commissioner before construction on a new installation is begun. The department shall issue a permit for relocation or installation, as applicable, if the plans and specifications indicate compliance with applicable regulations.
If the plans and specifications indicate a failure of compliance with applicable regulations, the department shall give notice of necessary changes to the person filing the application. After the changes have been made and approved, the department shall issue a permit.
Plans must be submitted in triplicate and must be accompanied by an application for the permit on a form to be furnished by the commissioner. The plans shall include:
1. Sectional plan of car and hoistway.
2. Sectional plan of machine room.
3. Sectional elevation of hoistway and machine room, including the pit, bottom, and top clearance of car, and counterweight.
4. Size and weight of guide rails, and guide rail bracket spacing.
5. Other information which the department may require.