|Part 601||Distinctive Paper for United States Currency and Other Securities|
|Part 605||Regulations Governing Conduct in Bureau of Engraving and Printing Buildings and on the Grounds of Washington, DC and Fort Worth, Texas|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 31 > Subtitle B > Chapter VI - Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Department of the Treasury
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- corporation: includes associations, joint-stock companies, and insurance companies. See 26 CFR 36.3121(l)(1)-1
- Germane: On the subject of the pending bill or other business; a strict standard of relevance.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Public debt: Cumulative amounts borrowed by the Treasury Department or the Federal Financing Bank from the public or from another fund or account. The public debt does not include agency debt (amounts borrowed by other agencies of the Federal Government). The total public debt is subject to a statutory limit.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- stock: includes shares in an association, joint-stock company, or insurance company. See 26 CFR 36.3121(l)(8)-1
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.