|Part 742||Contract Administration|
|Part 744||Subcontracting Policies and Procedures|
|Part 745||Government Property|
|Part 749||Termination of Contracts|
|Part 750||Extraordinary Contractual Actions|
Terms Used In CFR > Title 48 > Chapter 7 > Subchapter G
- Act: shall mean the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended. See 48 CFR 750.7103
- Air transportation: means the carriage by aircraft of persons or property as a common carrier for compensation or hire or the carriage of mail by aircraft in interstate, overseas, or foreign commerce (see 49 U. See 14 CFR 375.1
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- approving authority: as used in this subpart means an officer or official having been delegated authority to approve actions under the Executive Order. See 48 CFR 750.7103
- Authorization: means any agency certificate, approval, statutory exemption or other form of permission granted pursuant to 49 U. See 14 CFR 377.1
- Commercial air operations: shall mean operations by foreign civil aircraft engaged in flights for the purpose of crop dusting, pest control, pipeline patrol, mapping, surveying, banner towing, skywriting, or similar agricultural and industrial operations performed in the United States, and any operations for remuneration or hire to, from or within the United States including air carriage involving the discharging or taking on of passengers or cargo at one or more points in the United States, including carriage of cargo for the operator's own account if the cargo is to be resold or otherwise used in the furtherance of a business other than the business of providing carriage by aircraft, but excluding operations pursuant to foreign air carrier permits issued under 49 U. See 14 CFR 375.1
- Concessioner: includes any individual, partnership, corporation, or other business entity engaged in operating facilities within or without a national park for the accommodation of visitors to the park under a contract with or permit from the Secretary or the Director. See 36 CFR 8.1
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Employee: includes any individual employed by a concessioner in connection with operations covered by a contract with or permit from the Secretary or the Director. See 36 CFR 8.1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executive Order: shall mean Executive Order 11223 (30 FR 6635) as amended, unless otherwise stated. See 48 CFR 750.7103
- Exemption: means an exemption granted, under 49 U. See 14 CFR 375.1
- Foreign air carrier permit: means a permit authorizing foreign air transportation by a foreign air carrier pursuant to 49 U. See 14 CFR 375.1
- Foreign aircraft permit: means a permit authorizing navigation of foreign civil aircraft in the United States pursuant to 49 U. See 14 CFR 375.1
- Foreign civil aircraft: means (a) an aircraft of foreign registry that is not part of the armed forces of a foreign nation, or (b) a U. See 14 CFR 375.1
- Information Collection: As required by 44 U. See 36 CFR 7.58
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- National park: includes a national monument or other area under the administrative jurisdiction of the National Park Service of the Department of the Interior. See 36 CFR 8.1
- Permits: Commercial fishing permits may be issued by the Superintendent or his authorized representative limited to individuals meeting the following criteria of eligibility:
(i) A legal resident of an established village. See 36 CFR 7.58
- Renewal application: means any application filed in conformity with the requirements of this part which requests either a renewal or a new license and is intended to invoke the provisions of the last sentence of 5 U. See 14 CFR 377.1
- Route: means an authorization which permits an air carrier to render unlimited regularly scheduled service between a specifically designated pair of terminal points and intermediate points, if any. See 14 CFR 377.1
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: means any State, Territory, possession, or the District of Columbia. See 36 CFR 8.1
- Type: means all aircraft of the same basic design including all modifications thereto except those modifications that result in a change in handling or flight characteristics. See 14 CFR 375.1