(a) In general
Commencing with the issuance by the Tennessee Valley Authority of an annual report on Commission Form 10-K (or any successor thereto) for fiscal year 2006 and thereafter, the Tennessee Valley Authority shall file with the Commission, in accordance with such rules and regulations as the Commission has prescribed or may prescribe, such periodic, current, and supplementary information, documents, and reports as would be required pursuant to section 78m of this title if the Tennessee Valley Authority were an issuer of a security registered pursuant to section 78l of this title. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, the Tennessee Valley Authority shall not be required to register any securities under this chapter, and shall not be deemed to have registered any securities under this chapter.
(b) Limited treatment as issuer
Terms Used In 15 USC 78nn
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 19 USC 2295
- Board: means the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. See 20 USC 1070d-35
- Commission: means the Securities and Exchange Commission established by section 78d of this title. See 20 USC 1070d-35
- exchange: means any organization, association, or group of persons, whether incorporated or unincorporated, which constitutes, maintains, or provides a market place or facilities for bringing together purchasers and sellers of securities or for otherwise performing with respect to securities the functions commonly performed by a stock exchange as that term is generally understood, and includes the market place and the market facilities maintained by such exchange. See 20 USC 1070d-35
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- issuer: means any person who issues or proposes to issue any security. See 20 USC 1070d-35
- security: means any note, stock, treasury stock, security future, security-based swap, bond, debenture, certificate of interest or participation in any profit-sharing agreement or in any oil, gas, or other mineral royalty or lease, any collateral-trust certificate, preorganization certificate or subscription, transferable share, investment contract, voting-trust certificate, certificate of deposit for a security, any put, call, straddle, option, or privilege on any security, certificate of deposit, or group or index of securities (including any interest therein or based on the value thereof), or any put, call, straddle, option, or privilege entered into on a national securities exchange relating to foreign currency, or in general, any instrument commonly known as a "security". See 20 USC 1070d-35
Commencing with the issuance by the Tennessee Valley Authority of an annual report on Commission Form 10-K (or any successor thereto) for fiscal year 2006 and thereafter, the Tennessee Valley Authority shall be deemed to be an issuer for purposes of section 78j-1 of this title, other than for subsection (m)(1) or (m)(3) of section 78j-1 of this title. The Tennessee Valley Authority shall not be required by this subsection to comply with the rules issued by any national securities exchange or national securities association in response to rules issued by the Commission pursuant to section 78j-1(m)(1) of this title.
(c) No effect on TVA authority
Nothing in this section shall be construed to diminish, impair, or otherwise affect the authority of the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Valley Authority to carry out its statutory functions under the Tennessee Valley Authority Act of 1933 [16 U.S.C. 831 et seq.].