(a) Compensation of Director
The Director of the Office shall receive compensation at the rate now or hereafter prescribed for offices and positions at level IV of the Executive Schedule as specified in section 5315 of title 5.
(b) Authorization of Director to appoint and fix compensation of employees
Terms Used In 15 USC 790b
- functions: shall be deemed to include references to duty, obligation, power, authority, responsibility, right, privilege, and activity, or the plural thereof, as the case may be. See
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
To carry out the functions of the Office, the Director, on behalf of the Administrator, is authorized to appoint and fix the compensation of such professionally qualified employees as he deems necessary, including up to ten of the employees in grade GS-16, GS-17, or GS-18 authorized by section 766 of this title.
(c) Delegation of functions by the Director
The functions and powers of the Office shall be vested in or delegated to the Director, who may from time to time, and to the extent permitted by law, consistent with the purposes of this chapter, delegate such of his functions as he deems appropriate. Such delegation may be made, upon request, to any officer or agency of the Federal Government.
(d) Access to Director by Congress; requests for appropriations
(1) The Director shall be available to the Congress to provide testimony on such subjects under his authority and responsibility as the Congress may request, including but not limited to energy information and analyses thereof.
(2) Any request for appropriations for the Federal Energy Administration submitted to the Congress shall identify the portion of such request intended for the support of the Office, and a statement of the differences, if any, between the amounts requested and the Director’s assessment of the budgetary needs of the Office.