For purposes of this chapter:
Terms Used In 24 USC 401
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 19 USC 2291
(1) The term “Retirement Home” includes the institutions established under section 411 of this title, as follows:
(A) The Armed Forces Retirement Home–Washington.
(B) The Armed Forces Retirement Home–Gulfport.
(2) The terms “Armed Forces Retirement Home Trust Fund” and “Fund” mean the Armed Forces Retirement Home Trust Fund established under section 419(a) of this title.
(3) The term “Advisory Council” means the Armed Forces Retirement Home Advisory Council established under section 416 of this title.
(4) The term “Resident Advisory Committee” means an elected body of residents at a facility of the Retirement Home established under section 416a of this title.
(5) The term “chief personnel officers” means–
(A) the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel of the Army;
(B) the Chief of Naval Personnel;
(C) the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel of the Air Force;
(D) the Deputy Commandant of the Marine Corps for Manpower and Reserve Affairs; and
(E) the Assistant Commandant of the Coast Guard for Human Resources.
(6) The term “senior noncommissioned officers” means the following:
(A) The Sergeant Major of the Army.
(B) The Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy.
(C) The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force.
(D) The Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.
(E) The Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard.