Terms Used In Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1804
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Municipality: means a general-law municipality, home-rule municipality, or special-law municipality. See Texas Local Government Code 1.005
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Signature: includes the mark of a person unable to write, and "subscribe" includes the making of such a mark. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.