(a) Authorization for grants
There are authorized to be appropriated 1
Terms Used In 34 USC 60306
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- State: means any State, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any political subdivision of any of the foregoing. See
(1) $2,500,000 for fiscal year 2017;
(2) $7,500,000 for fiscal year 2018;
(3) $12,500,000 for fiscal year 2019;
(4) $17,500,000 for fiscal year 2020; and
(5) $22,500,000 for fiscal year 2021.2
to carry out this chapter.
(b) Restriction on use of funds to ensure equal allocation
Each State receiving a grant under this chapter shall allocate the funds equally between the uses described in section 60301 of this title and the uses described in section 60302 of this title, except as provided in section 60305(f) of this title, or upon a showing of good cause, and at the discretion of the Attorney General, the State may determine a fair allocation of funds across the uses described in sections 60301 and 60302 of this title.