(a) No educational assistance allowance granted under chapter 30, 34, 35, or 36 of this title or 106 or 107 of title 10, or subsistence allowance granted under chapter 31 of this title shall be paid to any eligible person (1) who is on active duty and is pursuing a course of education which is being paid for by the Armed Forces (or by the Department of Health and Human Services in the case of the Public Health Service; or (2) who is attending a course of education or training paid for under chapter 41 of title 5.
Terms Used In 38 USC 3681
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
(b) No person may receive benefits concurrently under two or more of the provisions of law listed below:
(1) Chapters 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, and 36 of this title.
(2) Chapters 106 and 107 and section 510 of title 10.
(3) Section 903 of the Department of Defense Authorization Act, 1981 (Public Law 96-342, 10 U.S.C. 2141 note).
(4) The Hostage Relief Act of 1980 (Public Law 96-449, 5 U.S.C. 5561 note).
(5) The Omnibus Diplomatic Security and Antiterrorism Act of 1986 (Public Law 99-399).