When used in this chapter the term “packer” means any person engaged in the business (a) of buying livestock in commerce for purposes of slaughter, or (b) of manufacturing or preparing meats or meat food products for sale or shipment in commerce, or (c) of marketing meats, meat food products, or livestock products in an unmanufactured form acting as a wholesale broker, dealer, or distributor in commerce.
Terms Used In 7 USC 191
- commerce: means commerce between any State, Territory, or possession, or the District of Columbia, and any place outside thereof. See 7 USC 182
- livestock: means cattle, sheep, swine, horses, mules, or goats&mdash. See 7 USC 182
- livestock products: means all products and byproducts (other than meats and meat food products) of the slaughtering and meat-packing industry derived in whole or in part from livestock. See 7 USC 182
- meat food products: means all products and byproducts of the slaughtering and meat-packing industry&mdash. See 7 USC 182
- person: includes individuals, partnerships, corporations, and associations. See 7 USC 182