(a) In general
To effectuate the declared policy under section 6401(b) of this title, the Secretary shall issue and from time to time may amend, orders applicable to all fluid milk processors, authorizing–
Terms Used In 7 USC 6403
- advertising: means any advertising or promotion program involving only fluid milk products and directed toward increasing the general demand for fluid milk products. See 7 USC 6402
- research: means market research to support advertising and promotion efforts, including educational activities, research directed to product characteristics, product development, including new products or improved technology in production, manufacturing or processing of milk and the products of milk. See 7 USC 6402
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture. See 7 USC 6402
(1) the collection of assessments on fluid milk products subject to this chapter; and
(2) the use of the assessments to provide research and advertising in a manner prescribed by this chapter.
Any order issued under this chapter shall be national in scope.
(c) One order
Not more than one order shall be in effect under this chapter at any one time.