|§ 8531||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration satellite and data management|
|§ 8532||Commercial weather data|
|§ 8533||Unnecessary duplication|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 111 > Subchapter II - Weather Satellite and Data Innovation
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Bonneville Power Administration. See 16 USC 839a
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Conservation: means any reduction in electric power consumption as a result of increases in the efficiency of energy use, production, or distribution. See 16 USC 839a
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Customer: means anyone who contracts for the purchase of power from the Administrator pursuant to this chapter. See 16 USC 839a
- Electric power: means electric peaking capacity, or electric energy, or both. See 16 USC 839a
- feasibility report: shall mean any report of the scope required by the Congress when formally considering authorization of the project of which the report treats. See 16 USC 460l-21
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Indian tribe: means any Indian tribe or band which is located in whole or in part in the region and which has a governing body which is recognized by the Secretary of the Interior. See 16 USC 839a
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Plan: means the Regional Electric Power and Conservation plan (including any amendments thereto) adopted pursuant to this chapter and such plan shall apply to actions of the Administrator as specified in this chapter. See 16 USC 839a
- project: shall mean a project or any appropriate unit thereof. See 16 USC 460l-21
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Resource: means --
(A) electric power, including the actual or planned electric power capability of generating facilities, or
(B) actual or planned load reduction resulting from direct application of a renewable energy resource by a consumer, or from a conservation measure. See 16 USC 839a
- State: shall include the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. See
- vehicle: includes every description of carriage or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on land. See 1 USC 4