Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 20 - Regulation of Insurance
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- person: as used in this chapter includes an officer or employee of a corporation, or a member or employee of a partnership, who as such officer, employee, or member is under a duty to perform the act in respect of which the violation occurs. See 26 USC 7343
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 26 USC 7701
- State: includes the several States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the District of Columbia. See 15 USC 1015
- United States: when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia. See 26 USC 7701