Florida Statutes 636.005 – Incorporation required; exceptions
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 636.005
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
(1) On or after October 1, 1993, any entity that has not yet obtained a certificate of authority to operate a prepaid limited health service organization in this state must be incorporated.
(2) A prepaid limited health service organization may be organized as a profit or nonprofit corporation.
(3) A prepaid limited health service organization may be incorporated in another state if the entity maintains a certificate of authority or license in the state in which it is domiciled to provide services which the applicant intends to provide in this state and maintains a certificate of authority in this state.
(4) This section shall not apply to providers licensed pursuant to chapter 463 or any other licensed professional if incorporation is limited or restricted by law.