|§ 6102||Telemarketing rules|
|§ 6103||Actions by States|
|§ 6104||Actions by private persons|
|§ 6105||Administration and applicability of chapter|
|§ 6107||Enforcement of orders|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 87 - Telemarketing and Consumer Fraud and Abuse Prevention
- Board of Directors: means the Board of Directors of the Corporation. See 12 USC 2277a
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: means the Farm Credit System Insurance Corporation established in section 2277a-1 of this title. See 12 USC 2277a
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- insured System bank: means any System bank whose participation in notes, bonds, debentures, and other obligations issued under subsection (c) or (d) of section 2153 of this title is insured under this part. See 12 USC 2277a
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Health and Human Services. See 42 USC 201
- Service: means the Public Health Service. See 42 USC 201
- State: includes , in addition to the several States, only the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. See 42 USC 201
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.