|§ 7152||Authorization of appropriations|
|§ 7153||Treatment of funds and revenues|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 16 > Chapter 90 > Subchapter IV
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Balanced budget: A budget in which receipts equal outlays.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- Legacy: A gift of property made by will.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- Public defender: Represent defendants who can't afford an attorney in criminal matters.