|§ 4102||Recognition of foreign defamation judgments|
|§ 4104||Declaratory judgments|
|§ 4105||Attorneys’ fees|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 28 > Part VI > Chapter 181
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- court of the United States: includes the Supreme Court of the United States, courts of appeals, district courts constituted by chapter 5 of this title, including the Court of International Trade and any court created by Act of Congress the judges of which are entitled to hold office during good behavior. See
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- judicial district: means the districts enumerated in Chapter 5 of this title. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.