|§ 2495||National Advisory Committee on Education of the Deaf|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 27
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 19 USC 2295
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 19 USC 2297
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- vessel: includes every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water. See 19 USC 2293