The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Court Referral Officer Trust Fund is hereby established and created as a separate fund in the State Treasury. Such fund shall be used for operation of the alcohol and drug abuse court referral officer program. This fund shall consist of all moneys paid into the State Treasury to the credit of such fund pursuant to this chapter and all moneys received for the benefit of the court referral officer program by legislative appropriation, grant, gift, or contributions by counties or municipalities, or otherwise. Such moneys shall be used and expended by the Administrative Director of Courts to establish, organize, and administer the alcohol and drug abuse court referral officer program throughout the state. Any unexpended or unencumbered sums remaining in the fund at the end of the fiscal year except appropriations from other state funds shall remain in the fund to be preserved for the administration of the alcohol and drug abuse court referral officer program.
(Acts 1990, No. 90-390, p. 537, §10.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 12-23-10
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608