|Chapter 2||Suicide and Overdose Fatality Review Teams|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 16 > Article 49.5 - Suicide and Overdose Fatality Review Teams
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- SOFR: means suicide and overdose fatality review. See Indiana Code 16-49.5-1-2
- SOFR team: refers to :
Indiana Code 16-49.5-1-3
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Truth in Lending Act: The Truth in Lending Act is a federal law that requires lenders to provide standardized information so that borrowers can compare loan terms. In general, lenders must provide information on Source: OCC
- unit: refers to the homeowner protection unit established under this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-6-12-1
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5