When used in this title, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 2-1-1
- cooperative: A cooperative marketing association for marketing of farm products. See Alabama Code 2-1-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: An individual, a partnership, a corporation or two or more individuals having a joint or common interest. See Alabama Code 2-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) PERSON. An individual, a partnership, a corporation or two or more individuals having a joint or common interest.
(2) SELL or SOLD. The sale, keeping for sale, offer or exposure for sale, having in possession for sale, delivery or distribution in this state of the product or article in question.
(3) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(4) COOPERATIVE. A cooperative marketing association for marketing of farm products.