|§ 1402.2||Sales of inventory|
|§ 1402.3||Submission of offers, terms, and conditions|
|§ 1402.4||Information availability|
|§ 1402.5||Late payments|
Terms Used In 7 CFR Part 1402 - Policy for Certain Commodities Available for Sale
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- CBP: means U. See 19 CFR 101.1
- Centers: refer to national CBP offices that are responsible for performing certain trade functions and making certain determinations as set forth in particular regulatory provisions regarding importations by importers that are considered by CBP to be in the industry sector, regardless of the ports of entry at which the importations occur. See 19 CFR 101.1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Country: means the political entity known as a nation. See 19 CFR 134.1
- Country of origin: means the country of manufacture, production, or growth of any article of foreign origin entering the United States. See 19 CFR 134.1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Importer: means the person primarily liable for the payment of any duties on the merchandise, or an authorized agent acting on his behalf. See 19 CFR 101.1
- NAFTA: means the North American Free Trade Agreement entered into by the United States, Canada and Mexico on August 13, 1992. See 19 CFR 134.1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes all territories and possessions of the United States, except the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Wake Island, Midway Islands, Kingman Reef, Johnston Island, and the island of Guam. See 19 CFR 134.1