Florida Regulations > Chapter 5A-16 – Agricultural Vehicle Inspection
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
|R. 5A-16.003||Procedure for Conducting Vehicle Inspection|
|R. 5A-16.005||Commercial Carrier Pre-clearance Program|
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 5A-16 - Agricultural Vehicle Inspection
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.