As used in this chapter the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 22-2A-2
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) MULTI-STATE POOLING INITIATIVE. A group of two or more states working together to reduce the cost of pharmaceuticals purchased or paid for by those states.
(2) PHARMACEUTICAL or DRUG. Any medicinal substance, preparation, or device recognized by the United States Pharmacopoeia and National Formulary, or any revision thereof, and any substance and preparation intended for external and internal use in the cure, diagnosis, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans, and any substance and preparation other than food intended to affect the structure or any function of the human body.
(3) PHARMACEUTICAL PROGRAM. A program administered by the Department of Mental Health, Department of Corrections, Department of Public Health, Department of Youth Services, or the Department of Rehabilitation Services, pursuant to which pharmaceuticals are purchased for use by clients.
(4) STATE AGENCY. The Department of Mental Health, Department of Corrections, Department of Public Health, Department of Youth Services, and the Department of Rehabilitation Services.
(5) SUPPLIER. A wholesaler or manufacturer of pharmaceuticals.