When a person, minor or adult, has not lived with his or her husband or wife for a period of one year or longer and when the location of said person’s husband or wife is not known by the person whose husband or wife is missing, then such person, minor or adult, may give his or her consent to any legally authorized medical, dental, health or mental health services, and the consent of the missing husband or wife shall not be required.

(Acts 1971, No. 2281, p. 3681, §5.)

Terms Used In Alabama Code 22-8-2

  • person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
  • year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1