Without limitation of any right or defense of an insurer otherwise, none of the following acts by, or on behalf of, an insurer shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of any provision of a policy or of any defense of the insurer thereunder:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 27-14-27
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
(1) Acknowledgment of the receipt of notice of loss or claim under the policy;
(2) Furnishing forms for reporting a loss or claim, for giving information relative thereto, or for making proof of loss or receiving or acknowledging receipt of any such forms or proofs completed or uncompleted; or
(3) Investigating any loss or claim under any policy or engaging in negotiations looking toward a possible settlement of any such loss or claim.