The commissioner may disapprove any form filed under Section 27-14-8 or withdraw any previous approval thereof only if the form:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 27-14-9
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) Is in any respect in violation of, or does not comply with, this title;
(2) Contains or incorporates by reference, where such incorporation is otherwise permissible, any inconsistent, ambiguous, or misleading clauses or exceptions and conditions which deceptively affect the risk purported to be assumed in the general coverage of the contract;
(3) Has any title, heading, or other indication of its provisions which is misleading;
(4) Is printed, or otherwise reproduced, in such manner as to render any provision of the form substantially illegible; or
(5) Contains provisions which are unfair, or inequitable, or contrary to the public policy of this state or which would, because such provisions are unclear or deceptively worded, encourage misrepresentation.