(a) The Administrative Office of Courts shall submit a quarterly report, organized by county, to the Alabama Department of Homeland Security summarizing the number of cases in which an unlawfully present alien was detained by law enforcement and appeared in court for any violation of state law and shall include all of the following information in the report:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 31-13-32
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) The name of the unlawfully present alien.
(2) The violation or charge alleged to have been committed by the unlawfully present alien.
(3) The name of the judge presiding over the case.
(4) The final disposition of the case, including whether the unlawfully present alien was released from custody, remained in detention, or was transferred to the custody of the appropriate federal immigration authorities.
(b) The Alabama Department of Homeland Security shall publish on its public website, in a convenient and prominent location, the information provided in the quarterly report from the Administrative Office of Courts. The display of this information on the department’s public website shall be searchable by county and presiding judge.
(c) For the purposes of this section, the determination of whether a person is an unlawfully present alien shall be verified by the federal government pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1373(c).