As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 32-5C-1
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- person: Every natural person, firm, copartnership, association, or corporation. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- vehicle: Every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks or electric personal assistive mobility devices; provided, that for the purposes of this title, a bicycle or a ridden animal shall be deemed a vehicle, except those provisions of this title, which by their very nature can have no application. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
(1) LIGHT REFLECTANCE. The ratio of the amount of total light that is reflected outward by a product or material to the amount of total light falling on the product or material.
(2) LIGHT TRANSMISSION. The ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in percentages, which is allowed to pass through a surface to the amount of light falling on the surface.
(3) MANUFACTURER. A person who produces or assembles a vehicle glass-coating material or who fabricates, laminates, or tempers a safety-glazing material, which material reduces light transmission.
(4) MATERIAL. Any transparent product or substance which reduces light transmission.