When it appears to the board that any person is violating any of the provisions of this chapter, the board may in its own name bring an action in the circuit court for an injunction, and said court of this state may enjoin any person from violating this chapter regardless of whether proceedings have been or may be instituted before the board or whether criminal proceedings have been or may be instituted. For purposes of this section, person shall be deemed to include any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, professional association, professional corporation or other entity.
(Acts 1959, No. 100, p. 569, §31; Acts 1985, No. 85-697, p. 1120, §1.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 34-9-29
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608