|Chapter 1||Regulation of Dentists; Creation of Board|
|Chapter 2||Marking Requirements for Dentures and Partial Dentures|
|Chapter 3||Continuing Education|
|Chapter 4||Referral Services|
|Chapter 5||Dental Underserved Area and Minority Recruitment Program|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 14
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- board: refers to the state board of dentistry established under IC 25-14-1-2. See Indiana Code 25-14-3-3
- committee: means the dental recruitment committee established by section 4 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-14-5-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- continuing education course: means an orderly process of instruction designed to directly enhance the practicing dentist's knowledge and skill in providing relevant dentist services that is approved by an approved organization. See Indiana Code 25-14-3-4
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- dentist: means an individual who holds a license to practice dentistry in Indiana issued under IC 25-14-1. See Indiana Code 25-14-2-1
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- fund: refers to the Indiana dental recruitment fund established by section 5 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-14-5-2
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisprudence: The study of law and the structure of the legal system.
- license: means a license to practice dentistry under IC 25-14-1-3. See Indiana Code 25-14-3-5
- license period: means the two (2) year period beginning on March 2, 1992, and every two (2) years thereafter. See Indiana Code 25-14-3-6
- minority: means an individual identified as any of the following:
Indiana Code 25-14-5-2.5
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- study club: means a group of at least five (5) dentists who do the following:
Indiana Code 25-14-3-7
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- underserved area: means a county, city, town, census tract, or township designated by the state department of health under IC 16-46-5-7 or by the committee as underserved by general dentists, pediatric dentists, oral surgeons, or dental hygienists. See Indiana Code 25-14-5-3