(a) An applicant, licensee, volunteer, or employee, upon request, shall submit the following items:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 38-13-5
- applicant: A person or entity who submits an application for license as a child care or adult care facility to the Department of Human Resources or a child placing agency, or an application for employment or for a volunteer position to a Department of Human Resources licensed child care or adult care facility. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- current: An individual who is presently employed, licensed, or approved, or working as a volunteer on November 1, 2000. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- employee: An individual currently in the service of an employer for compensation, full-time or part-time, and employed by contract or at will, in which the employer has the authority to control the person in the material details of how work shall be performed and when compensation shall be provided. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- employer: An individual, person, group of persons, association, partnership, corporation, limited liability company or partnership, business, or other entity which hires employees, has volunteers, or contracts with others to provide personnel to work with or provide care to children, adults, or individuals with disabilities in a caretaker setting. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- individual: A natural person. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- LAW ENFORCEMENT: The sheriff's department of a county or the police department of a municipality. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- licensee: Holder of a license or approval and an adult household member whose residence is in the home in regard to child care and adult care facilities in a home setting. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
- volunteer: An individual who provides services without an express or implied promise of compensation, but shall not include the parent, family member, legal custodian, or legal guardian of a child, the elderly, or disabled individual in care. See Alabama Code 38-13-2
(1) Two functional, acceptable fingerprint cards, bearing the fingerprints of the individual, properly executed by a law enforcement agency or individual properly trained in fingerprinting techniques.
(2) Written consent authorizing the release of any criminal history background information to the Department of Human Resources.
(3) A written statement signed by the applicant, volunteer, or employee indicating whether he or she has ever been convicted of a crime, and if so, fully disclosing all convictions. The statement shall include a notice and questionnaire in the form required in subsection (a) of Section 38-13-4.
(4) The fee of an applicant.
(b) An applicant, licensee, volunteer, or employee shall notify the prospective or current employer, licensing agency, or entity for whom volunteer work is being performed of any criminal convictions occurring subsequent to the date of completion of the notice in Section 38-13-4.