Terms Used In Ohio Code > Chapter 4776
- agriculture: includes farming; ranching; aquaculture; algaculture meaning the farming of algae; apiculture and related apicultural activities, production of honey, beeswax, honeycomb, and other related products; horticulture; viticulture, winemaking, and related activities; animal husbandry, including, but not limited to, the care and raising of livestock, equine, and fur-bearing animals; poultry husbandry and the production of poultry and poultry products; dairy production; the production of field crops, tobacco, fruits, vegetables, nursery stock, ornamental shrubs, ornamental trees, flowers, sod, or mushrooms; timber; pasturage; any combination of the foregoing; the processing, drying, storage, and marketing of agricultural products when those activities are conducted in conjunction with, but are secondary to, such husbandry or production; and any additions or modifications to the foregoing made by the director of agriculture by rule adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. See Ohio Code 1.61
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Applicant for an initial license: includes persons seeking a license for the first time and persons seeking a license by reciprocity, endorsement, or similar manner of a license issued in another state. See Ohio Code 4776.01
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- License: means an authorization evidenced by a license, certificate, registration, permit, card, or other authority that is issued or conferred by a licensing agency to a licensee or to an applicant for an initial license by which the licensee or initial license applicant has or claims the privilege to engage in a profession, occupation, or occupational activity, or, except in the case of the state dental board, to have control of and operate certain specific equipment, machinery, or premises, over which the licensing agency has jurisdiction. See Ohio Code 4776.01
- Licensee: includes a person who, for purposes of section 3796. See Ohio Code 4776.01
- licensing agency: means any of the following:
(1) The board authorized by Chapters 4701. See Ohio Code 4776.01
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
- United States: includes all the states. See Ohio Code 1.59