The tax herein levied shall constitute a debt due the State of Alabama and may be collected by civil suit in addition to the methods herein provided. The tax herein shall be secured by a lien, superior to all other liens except the liens for state, county and city ad valorem taxes upon the personal property of any person subject to the provisions hereof.
(Acts 1939, No. 409, p. 538; Code 1940, T. 51, §749.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 40-25-45
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608