The following words and terms, as used in this part, shall have the meanings hereby ascribed to them:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(2) BUREAU. The public corporation for which this part provides.
(3) CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. That organization the headquarters of which is in the largest city to the membership in which any reputable person engaged in mercantile, manufacturing, banking, jobbing, or similar business is eligible, and which most nearly of all organizations in such city, regardless of name, performs the functions of such organizations as are commonly known as chambers of commerce.
(4) CITY MOTEL-HOTEL ASSOCIATION. That association in the largest city the membership of which is composed of persons engaged in the hotel, motel, tourist court, or similar business in such city or in the county and which has the largest membership of any such organization in the city.
(5) COUNTY. Any county to which this part applies.
(6) LARGEST CITY. That city of the county having the largest population according to the last or any subsequent federal census.
(7) PERSON. Includes a natural person, corporation, partnership, association, or other entity.