|§ 45-37-91.02||Convention and visitors bureau|
|§ 45-37-91.03||Powers of bureau|
|§ 45-37-91.04||Board of directors|
|§ 45-37-91.05||Employees; delegation of duties; officers; contracts|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 45 > Chapter 37 > Article 9 > Part 2
- abortion: The use or prescription of any instrument, medicine, drug, or any other substance or device with the intent to terminate the pregnancy of a woman known to be pregnant with knowledge that the termination by those means will with reasonable likelihood cause the death of the unborn child. See Alabama Code 26-23H-3
- ACCUMULATED CONTRIBUTIONS: The sum of all the amounts deducted from the compensation of a member credited to his or her individual account in the Judges' and Clerks' Plan, together with regular interest thereon. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- ACTUARIAL EQUIVALENT: A benefit of equal value when computed upon the basis of the mortality tables adopted by the Board of Control and regular interest. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- annuity: Payments for life derived from the accumulated contributions of a member. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- AVERAGE FINAL COMPENSATION: The average annual compensation of a judge or clerk with respect to which he or she had made contributions pursuant to Section 12-18-152 during the five years in his or her last 10 years of membership service for which the average is highest or during his or her entire period of membership service if less than five years. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- beneficiary: Any person in receipt of a pension, an annuity, a retirement allowance or other benefit as provided by this article. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- board: The board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- BOARD OF CONTROL: The board provided for in Section 36-27-23 to administer the retirement system. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- bureau: The public corporation for which this part provides. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: That organization the headquarters of which is in the largest city to the membership in which any reputable person engaged in mercantile, manufacturing, banking, jobbing, or similar business is eligible, and which most nearly of all organizations in such city, regardless of name, performs the functions of such organizations as are commonly known as chambers of commerce. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- CITY MOTEL-HOTEL ASSOCIATION: That association in the largest city the membership of which is composed of persons engaged in the hotel, motel, tourist court, or similar business in such city or in the county and which has the largest membership of any such organization in the city. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: Any county to which this part applies. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- ECTOPIC PREGNANCY: Any pregnancy resulting from either a fertilized egg that has implanted or attached outside the uterus or a fertilized egg implanted inside the cornu of the uterus. See Alabama Code 26-23H-3
- employer: The State of Alabama or any department, agency, or local governing body by which a judge or clerk is paid. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- fund: The Judicial Retirement Fund provided for in this chapter. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- JUDGE OR CLERK: Any justice of the Supreme Court, judge of the Court of Civil Appeals, judge of the Court of Criminal Appeals, circuit judge, district judge, probate judge, or circuit clerk who is not a member of the Judicial Retirement Fund or Clerks' and Registers' Supernumerary Fund on November 7, 2016 and who is first elected or appointed to his or her position on or after November 8, 2016. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- LARGEST CITY: That city of the county having the largest population according to the last or any subsequent federal census. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- LETHAL ANOMALY: A condition from which an unborn child would die after birth or shortly thereafter or be stillborn. See Alabama Code 26-23H-3
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- MEDICAL BOARD: The board of physicians provided for in Section 36-27-23. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- MEDICAL EMERGENCY: A condition which, in reasonable medical judgment, so complicates the medical condition of the pregnant woman that her pregnancy must be terminated to avoid a serious health risk as defined in this chapter. See Alabama Code 26-23H-3
- member: Any judge or clerk included in membership of the plan. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- MEMBERSHIP SERVICE: Service as a judge or clerk on account of which contributions are made. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- pension: Payments for life derived from money provided by the employer. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: Includes a natural person, corporation, partnership, association, or other entity. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- physician: A person licensed to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery in Alabama. See Alabama Code 26-23H-3
- plan: The Judges' and Clerks' Plan provided for in Section 12-18-151. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Probate: Proving a will
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- REGULAR INTEREST: Interest compounded annually at the rate determined by the Board of Control. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- retirement: Withdrawal from active service with a retirement allowance or optional benefit in lieu thereof granted under this article. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- RETIREMENT ALLOWANCE: The sum of the annuity and the pension. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- RETIREMENT SYSTEM: The Employees' Retirement System of Alabama as defined in Section 36-27-2. See Alabama Code 12-18-150
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- woman: A female human being, whether or not she has reached the age of majority. See Alabama Code 26-23H-3
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1