|§ 45-37-91.02||Convention and visitors bureau|
|§ 45-37-91.03||Powers of bureau|
|§ 45-37-91.04||Board of directors|
|§ 45-37-91.05||Employees; delegation of duties; officers; contracts|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 45 > Chapter 37 > Article 9 > Part 2
- administrator: The Secretary of the Department of Labor or his or her designee. See Alabama Code 45-37-60.10
- board: The board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- board: The Elevator Safety Review Board. See Alabama Code 45-37-60.10
- bureau: The public corporation for which this part provides. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- child: An individual under the age of 18 years, or under 21 years of age and before the juvenile court for a delinquency matter arising before that individual's 18th birthday. See Alabama Code 45-36-248
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: Any county to which this part applies. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- department: The Alabama Department of labor. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.05
- elevator: An installation as defined as an elevator in ASME A17. See Alabama Code 45-37-60.10
- ELEVATOR INSPECTOR: Any person who possesses an elevator inspector's license in accordance with this chapter. See Alabama Code 45-37-60.10
- ELEVATOR MECHANIC: Any person who possesses an elevator mechanic's license in accordance with Sections 25-13-7 and 25-13-8 and who is engaged in erecting, constructing, installing, altering, servicing, repairing, or maintaining elevators or related conveyances covered by this chapter. See Alabama Code 45-37-60.10
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- JUVENILE COURT: The juvenile or family court division of the circuit or district court having jurisdiction over matters as provided by this chapter. See Alabama Code 45-36-248
- LARGEST CITY: That city of the county having the largest population according to the last or any subsequent federal census. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- minor: An individual who is under the age of 19 years and who is not a child within the meaning of this chapter. See Alabama Code 45-36-248
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: Includes a natural person, corporation, partnership, association, or other entity. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.01
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Probate: Proving a will
- probation: The legal status created by order of the juvenile court following an adjudication of delinquency or in need of supervision whereby a child is permitted to remain in a community subject to supervision and return to the juvenile court for violation of probation at any time during the period of probation. See Alabama Code 45-36-248
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYER ORGANIZATION: A person engaged in the business of providing professional employer services through one or more professional employer organization arrangements. See Alabama Code 45-37-91.05
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608