(a) Notice and review of determination. A tobacco product manufacturer who does not agree with a determination by the commissioner to not list or to remove from the directory a brand family or tobacco product manufacturer shall be entitled to file a written request for review with the commissioner. The written request shall be referred to as a petition for review and shall describe any specific objections to the determination not to list or to remove from the directory a brand family or tobacco product manufacturer.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 6-12A-7
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) The petition for review and any supporting documentation, must be filed with the commissioner’s office not later than 30 days after the date of the determination.
(2) The commissioner shall review the petition and any supporting documentation and notify the tobacco product manufacturer of the final determination.
(3) At the request of the tobacco product manufacturer, or if otherwise deemed necessary by the commissioner, a conference may be scheduled to allow the commissioner and the tobacco product manufacturer to present their respective positions.
(b) Applications for stamping permits. No person shall be permitted or otherwise authorized to affix stamps to tobacco products unless they certify in writing that they will comply fully with this chapter.
(c) Dates. For the year 2003:
(1) The first report by wholesalers and distributors required by subsection (a) of Section 6-12A-5, shall be due 30 days after August 1, 2003.
(2) The certifications by tobacco product manufacturers described in subsection (a) of Section 6-12A-3, shall be due 45 days after August 1, 2003.
(3) The directory described in subsection (b) of Section 6-12A-3, shall be published or made available within 90 days after August 1, 2003.
(d) Promulgation of regulations. The commissioner may promulgate regulations necessary to effectuate the implementation and administration of this chapter.
(e) Recovery of costs and fees. In any action brought by the state to enforce this chapter, the state shall be entitled to recover the costs of investigation, expert witness fees, the costs of the action, and reasonable attorney fees.
(f) Disgorgement of profits for violations of chapter. If a court determines that a person has violated this chapter, the court shall order any profits, gain, gross receipts, or other benefit from the violation to be disgorged and paid to the State Treasurer for deposit in the Alabama 21st Century Fund, created by Section 41-10-629. Unless otherwise expressly provided, the remedies or penalties provided by this chapter are cumulative to each other and to the remedies or penalties available under all other laws of this state.