Illinois Compiled Statutes > 715 ILCS 10 – Newspaper Legal Notice Act
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 0.01||Short title|
|§ 1||Whenever it is required by law that any legal notice or publication …|
|§ 2||When any legal notice is required by law to be published in any …|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 715 ILCS 10 - Newspaper Legal Notice Act
- Annual percentage rate: The cost of credit at a yearly rate. It is calculated in a standard way, taking the average compound interest rate over the term of the loan so borrowers can compare loans. Lenders are required by law to disclose a card account's APR. Source: FDIC
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Conditional grant award: means the formal notification by the Capital Development Board to a school district of its conditional intent to award a grant to a school district to pay a portion of the recognized project cost for a school construction project. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 230/5-5
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Finance charge: The total cost of credit a customer must pay on a consumer loan, including interest. The Truth in Lending Act requires disclosure of the finance charge. Source: OCC
- Forbearance: A means of handling a delinquent loan. A
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Probate: Proving a will
- School construction project: means the acquisition, development, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, improvement, architectural planning, and installation of capital facilities consisting of buildings, structures, durable equipment, and land for educational purposes. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 230/5-5
- School district: includes a cooperative high school, if the cooperative agreement includes language that specifies how the debt obligation is to be paid, including if an entity withdraws from the cooperative agreement or the cooperative agreement is terminated. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 230/5-5
- Truth in Lending Act: The Truth in Lending Act is a federal law that requires lenders to provide standardized information so that borrowers can compare loan terms. In general, lenders must provide information on Source: OCC
- Uniform Commercial Code: A set of statutes enacted by the various states to provide consistency among the states' commercial laws. It includes negotiable instruments, sales, stock transfers, trust and warehouse receipts, and bills of lading. Source: OCC