|§ 12-16-170||Petit jurors|
|§ 12-16-171||Grand jury foreman|
|§ 12-16-172||Grand jurors|
|§ 12-16-173||Reversal of criminal cases appealed to Court of Criminal Appeals on ground of defect in administration of oath to grand or petit juries|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 12 > Chapter 16 > Article 7
- department: The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency. See Alabama Code 26-19A-3
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- oath: includes affirmation. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Petit jury: A group of citizens who hear the evidence presented by both sides at trial and determine the facts in dispute. Federal criminal juries consist of 12 persons. Federal civil juries consist of six persons.
- Probate: Proving a will
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.