|§ 15-22-110||Short title|
|§ 15-22-113||Conditions; petition; hearing|
|§ 15-22-114||Validity of posthumous pardon|
|§ 15-22-115||Liability under article; legal claims; privileged records|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 15 > Chapter 22 > Article 6
- agreement: Any agreement between a wholesaler and a supplier, whether oral or written, whereby a wholesaler is granted the right to purchase and sell a brand or brands of beer sold by a supplier. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- ANCILLARY BUSINESS: A business owned by a wholesaler, by a substantial stockholder of a wholesaler, or by a substantial partner of a wholesaler the primary business of which is directly related to the transporting, storing, or marketing of the brand or brands of beer of a supplier with whom the wholesaler has an agreement; or a business owned by a wholesaler, a substantial stockholder of a wholesaler or a substantial partner of a wholesaler which recycles empty beverage containers. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- association: A partnership, limited partnership, or any form of unincorporated enterprise owned by two or more persons. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- board: The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- DESIGNATED MEMBER: The spouse, child, grandchild, parent, brother or sister of a deceased individual who owned an interest, including a controlling interest, in a wholesaler; or any person who inherits the deceased individual's ownership interest in the wholesaler under the terms of the deceased individual's will, or under the laws of intestate succession of this state; or any person who or entity which has otherwise, by designation in writing by the deceased individual, succeeded the deceased individual in the wholesaler's business, or has succeeded to the deceased individual's ownership interest in the wholesaler pursuant to a written contract or instrument; and also includes the appointed and qualified personal representative and the testamentary trustee of a deceased individual owning an ownership interest in a wholesaler. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- GOOD FAITH: Honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing in the trade, as defined in and interpreted under the Uniform Commercial Code, Section 7-2-103. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: Every natural person, association, or corporation. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- REASONABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The standard of the reasonable criteria established and consistently used by the respective supplier for Alabama wholesalers that entered into, continued or renewed an agreement with the supplier during a period of 24 months prior to the proposed transfer of the wholesaler's business, or for Alabama wholesalers who have changed managers or designated managers during a period of 24 months prior to the proposed change in manager or successor manager of the wholesaler's business. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- retailer: Any person licensed by the board to engage in the retail sale of any alcoholic beverages to the consumer. See Alabama Code 28-3-1
- RETALIATORY ACTION: Includes, but is not limited to, the refusal to continue an agreement, or a material reduction in the quality of service or quantity of products available to a wholesaler under an agreement, which refusal or reduction is not made in good faith. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- SALES TERRITORY: An area of exclusive sales responsibility for the brand or brands of beer sold by a supplier as designated by an agreement. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- supplier: A manufacturer or importer of beer licensed by the board. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- wholesaler: A wholesaler of beer licensed by the board. See Alabama Code 15-22-91
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608