|Article 1||General Provisions||16-21-1 – 16-21-3|
|Article 2||Virtual Library||16-21-30 – 16-21-35|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 21
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- avl: The Alabama Virtual Library. See Alabama Code 16-21-31
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- contribution: A tangible or intangible benefit that a person transfers to an entity in consideration for an ownership interest in the entity or otherwise in the person's capacity as an owner or a member. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- council: The Alabama Virtual Library Executive Council. See Alabama Code 16-21-31
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- director: The Director of the Office of School Readiness. See Alabama Code 26-24-21
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- GENERAL PARTNER: means :
(A) with respect to a limited partnership, a person that:
(i) is admitted as a general partner under Section 10A-9A-4. See Alabama Code 45-10-234.06
- LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: A limited partnership as defined in Chapter 9A. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- office: The Office of School Readiness. See Alabama Code 26-24-21
- partner: means a limited partner or general partner. See Alabama Code 45-10-234.06
- partnership: Includes a general partnership, a limited liability partnership, a foreign limited liability partnership, a limited partnership, a foreign limited partnership, a limited liability limited partnership, and a foreign limited liability limited partnership. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT: means any agreement (whether referred to as a partnership agreement or otherwise), written, oral or implied, of the partners as to the activities and affairs of a limited partnership. See Alabama Code 45-10-234.06
- person: An individual, including the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual, or an organization, whether created by the laws of this state or another state or foreign country, including, without limitation, a general partnership, limited liability partnership, limited partnership, limited liability limited partnership, limited liability company, corporation, professional corporation, professional association, trustee, personal representative, fiduciary, as defined in Section 19-3-150 or person performing in any similar capacity, business trust, estate, trust, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Alabama Code 45-26-231.06
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- TRANSFERABLE INTEREST: means a partner's right to receive distributions from a limited partnership. See Alabama Code 45-10-234.06
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608