Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 25 - Interstate Library Compact Act
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.