Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 28B – Student Harassment Prevention Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 28B - Student Harassment Prevention Act
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- APPOINTING AUTHORITY: The mayor and council shall appoint all department heads and the civil service board shall hire all other covered employees, as established by state law, city ordinance, or other legal requirement. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- board: The civil service board created by this part. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- city: The City of Tuscumbia, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- demotion: The reassignment of a covered employee to a position of a lesser class involving less responsibility and less complex duties. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- flsa: Fair Labor Standards Act. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: Any individual designated by the city council as head of a major activity or department. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- oath: includes affirmation. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- PART-TIME EMPLOYEE: That category of service in which an individual is employed on an on-going basis but is normally scheduled to work less than 32 hours in the established workweek, or the equivalent hours for those public safety individuals who are assigned to work a work period in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- PROBATIONARY STATUS: A condition of employment in which covered employees serve the completion of the established probationary period and the approval for regular status by the appointing authority. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- promotion: The reassignment of a covered employee to a higher job class involving a definite and defined increase in duties and responsibilities and a corresponding increase in remuneration. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- reassignment: The promotion or demotion of a covered employee. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- REGULAR STATUS: A condition of employment that covered employees are afforded upon completion of the established probationary period and approval by the appointing authority. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT: The category of service in which individuals are employed in either full-time or part-time positions for a period of no more than 180 calendar days. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- WORK PERIOD: The work period or workweek established by the city council for employees of the city in compliance with the FLSA, and such adjustments and changes the city council, from time to time, may make in the work period or workweek for all or some departments and their employees. See Alabama Code 45-17A-82.01
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1