Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 28B - Student Harassment Prevention Act
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- insurance: as used in this chapter includes the term "annuity" and the term "policy" includes the term "contract. See Alabama Code 11-91-1
- juries: include courts or judges in all cases when a jury trial is waived, or when the court or judge is authorized to ascertain and determine the facts as well as the law. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- policy: includes the term "contract. See Alabama Code 11-91-1
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.