Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 30A – Alabama Safe At Schools Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 30A - Alabama Safe At Schools Act
- board: The Tuscumbia Utilities Board, created pursuant to the enabling law, and includes its successors and assigns, if any, and any agency or instrumentality that may succeed to its functions. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83
- CITY COUNCIL: The governing body of the City of Tuscumbia, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83
- ENABLING LAW: Act No. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- oath: includes affirmation. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1