|§ 26-17A-1||Reopening of paternity case|
|§ 26-17A-2||Claim for damages against court rendering initial order of paternity|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 26 > Chapter 17A
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- authority: The Lamar County Water Coordinating and Fire Prevention Authority, a public corporation organized pursuant to this part. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- board: The Board of Directors of the Lamar County Water Coordinating and Fire Prevention Authority. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- bonds: Bonds, notes, and certificates representing an obligation to pay money. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- county: Lamar County. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- director: A member of the Board of Directors of the Lamar County Water Coordinating and Fire Prevention Authority. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- FIRE PROTECTION SERVICE: All services involved in protecting property and life from fires, including, but not limited to, discovering, ascertaining, extinguishing, preventing the spread of or fighting fires, or inspecting property for fire hazards, or any part or combination thereof. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- Impeachment: (1) The process of calling something into question, as in "impeaching the testimony of a witness." (2) The constitutional process whereby the House of Representatives may "impeach" (accuse of misconduct) high officers of the federal government for trial in the Senate.
- municipality: An incorporated city or town of Lamar County. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- person: Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county or an agency, department, or instrumentality of the state or of a county or municipality. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- property: Real and personal property and interests therein. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- SERVICE AREA: The geographic area or areas in which the authority is authorized by its certificate of incorporation or any amendment thereto to render water and fire protection service, or any thereof, which area may include not only territory located outside the boundaries of any municipality but also territory located within the boundaries of one or more municipalities. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- WATER SERVICE: The providing, furnishing, supplying, or distributing of water and the performing of all of the functions and activities reasonably incident to the operation of a water system. See Alabama Code 45-38-141
- WATER SYSTEM: Land, plants, systems, facilities, buildings, and other property, or any combination of any thereof, which are used or useful or capable of future use in providing, furnishing, supplying, or distributing water, including, but not limited to, water supply systems, water distribution systems, reservoirs, wells, intakes, mains, laterals, aqueducts, pumping stations, standpipes, filtration plants, purification plants, meters, valves, fire hydrants, and all necessary appurtenances and equipment, and all properties, rights, easements, and franchises deemed necessary or desirable by the authority for use in rendering water service. See Alabama Code 45-38-141